Reimagine Descriptive Workflows is an OCLC project to better understand and address harm caused by cultural institutions’ metadata and collection description practices.
In 2021-22, the project convened an international group of experts, practitioners, and community members to determine ways of improving descriptive practices, tools, infrastructure, and workflows in libraries and archives.
In this webinar, Australasian members of the project advisory group and others working in this area discussed how the project’s resulting community agenda and framework of guidance might be used by libraries and archives in our region.
- Rebecca Bateman, A/Director Indigenous Engagement, National Library of Australia
- Barbara Lemon, NSLA Executive Officer
- Merrilee Proffitt, Senior Manager, OCLC Research Library Partnership
- Katrina Tamaira, Research Librarian Māori, Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand
- Damien Webb, Manager Indigenous Engagement Branch, State Library of New South Wales