These guidelines are designed as a set of practical ideas to assist managers of NSLA archival collections provide guidance to donors in preparing their personal digital archives for transfer. The suggestions are intended to be non-prescriptive, a starting kit of ideas which managers who are beginning to have conversations with potential donors can use, adapt or elect not to apply, as best fits their library.
The full document is available for download below.
Table of contents
- Three things that your library can do to assist donors prepare their personal digital archives for transfer
- What are personal digital archives?
- Some basic personal digital archiving principles
- Pre-contact - things to think about before having conversations with donors
- Liaising with donors
- What do creators and donors need to do?
- Further tips for communicating with and providing support to donors
- Bibliography and further reading