With the Australian Government’s announcement that all libraries must close by the end of today, NSLA libraries are making their collections, resources and other services as accessible as possible online.
As well as waiving onsite registration requirements for new members, the national, state and territory libraries are investigating options such as:
- enhancing ‘ask a librarian’ services via phone or online
- expanding access to electronic resources (such as books and journals online), in negotiation with vendors
- developing new online services and ways to access our collections.
See the links below to become a member online and find out what your library has to offer. Note: all Australian residents can join the National Library, for all other NSLA libraries you must work or live in the state/territory the library serves. The ALIA website has more information about Australian libraries’ response to COVID-19.
- Libraries ACT
- Libraries Tasmania
- Library and Archives NT
- National Library of Australia
- State Library of New South Wales
- State Library of Queensland
- State Library of South Australia
- State Library Victoria
- State Library of Western Australia
At home brain and boredom busters
Library & Archives NT
Log-in to eresources using your local NT public library membership details.
Library and Archives NT eresources
National Library of Australia
Join National Library of Australia
eResources at the National Library
State Library of New South Wales
Join State Library of New South Wales
State Library of Queensland
Join State Library of Queensland
State Library of Queensland eresources
State Library of South Australia
Join State Library of South Australia
Using the State Library’s online resources
State Library Victoria
State Library of Western Australia
Join State Library of Western Australia