CAUL and NSLA agree to the following principles:
- CAUL and NSLA members subscribe to e-resources in accordance with their individual collecting policies and priorities.
- CAUL and NSLA members provide access, including remote access, to licensed e-resources for registered and authorised users in accordance with the terms and conditions agreed with suppliers.
- All users of the e-resources provided by CAUL and NSLA member libraries are required to agree to terms and conditions for use as established by each member.
- CAUL and NSLA recognise that e-resources acquired by NSLA members are made available to their communities, which naturally include students and staff of educational institutions.
- Within the constraints of their acquisitions budgets, CAUL members will subscribe to the e-resources needed to support the research and teaching activities of their universities and not substitute this by directing their users to NSLA resources.
- CAUL and NSLA agree to review usage of NSLA e-resources if activity warrants further investigation.