Large Pictorial Collections
This project centres on the collection, digitisation and preservation of large pictorial collections. The project will develop a suite of options for libraries to help bring their large pictorial collections under appropriate levels of control, and to provide or improve user access.
- Report with recommendations - based on survey data - to be submitted to NSLA in July 2013.
- Major survey undertaken to collect data on issues and processes involved in accessioning large pictorial collections.
Working group members
- Robyn Holmes, National Library of Australia (project manager)
- Jo Ritale, State Library of Victoria (project manager)
- Madeleine Say, State Library of Victoria
- Shirley Firth, State Library of Victoria
- Lynette Aitchison, Northern Territory Library
- Laurie Allen, State Library of Western Australia
- Gavin Bannerman, State Library of Queensland
- Antoinette Buchanan, Libraries ACT
- Elise Edmonds, State Library of New South Wales
- Chris Foster, National Library of Australia
- Nicola Mackay-Sim, National Library of Australia
- Suzanne Saunders, State Library of South Australia
- Jill Waters, State Library of Tasmania
- John Sullivan, National Library of New Zealand
- Natalie Marshall, National Library of New Zealand
Robyn Holmes, Senior Curator at the National Library of Australia, and Jo Ritale, Collection Services Manager (Access & Information) at the State Library of Victoria, talk through the challenges...