This project will gain a shared understanding of current digital collection management practices and workflows in NSLA libraries. It will identify best practice in the preservation of born-digital and digitised materials, determine the core requirements for managing digital collections and identify opportunities for collaboration, linking to the National Library of Australia's Digital Library Infrastructure Replacement program.
- Modelling underway for a technical format registry.
- Matrices drawn up to assess current library resources and capacity against technical and staff resources required for effective digital preservation.
- Research commenced into possible partnerships and collaborations.
- Statement on digital preservation including principles for NSLA libraries - available June 2013.
Working group members
- Sarah Slade, State Library of Victoria (project manager)
- Pat Beament, State Library of Western Australia
- Antoinette Buchanan, Libraries ACT
- Serena Coates, State Library of Queensland
- Grant Collins, State Library of Queensland
- Marilyn Hawthorne, Northern Territory Library
- Geoff Hinchcliffe, State Library of New South Wales
- Allegra Huxtable, LINC Tasmania
- Steve Knight, National Library of New Zealand
- David Pearson, National Library of Australia
- Mark Corbould, National Library of Australia
- Lesley Sharp, State Library of South Australia