This project is exploring more efficient and cost-effective ways of cataloguing and archiving heritage collections.
- Measurement tool for archival accessioning developed and tested.
- Draft glossary of terms compiled for use with accessioning tool.
- Compilation of guidelines for library staff assisting donors to prepare personal digital archives for transfer to NSLA libraries.
- Fast access to archives report (2010).
- The Lists report: making collection lists searchable through Trove (2010).
Working group members
- Karen Stone, State Library of Queensland
- Emma Jolley, National Library of Australia
- Gavin Bannerman, State Library of Queensland
- Tracy Bradford, State Library of New South Wales
- Antoinette Buchanan, Libraries ACT
- Nicola Frean, National Library of New Zealand
- Ross Latham, State Library of Tasmania
- Kevin Molloy, State Library of Victoria
- Tony Leschen, State Library of South Australia
- Suzanne Saunders, State Library of South Australia
Image: State Library of New South Wales
Second and final edition of guidelines prepared by the Archival Collections project group. (2011)
Update to NSLA on the progress of the Description and Cataloguing project, and proposal for a sub-project to develop models and guidelines for making collection lists searchable via Trove. (March 2010)
Recommendations for the creation of searchable descriptive lists for archival collections. (November 2010)