This project is exploring more efficient and cost-effective ways of cataloguing and archiving heritage collections, enabling faster public access to archives.
The project group is operating at a low level of collaborative activity in 2013-2014 while members test and refine a new workflow tool.
- Tool developed and tested to measure cost and time required for archival accessioning (2012)
- Compilation of guidelines for library staff assisting donors to prepare personal digital archives for transfer to NSLA libraries (2011)
- Fast access to archives report (2010).
- The Lists report: making collection lists searchable through Trove (2010).
Working group members
- Gavin Bannerman, State Library of Queensland
- Tracy Bradford, State Library of New South Wales
- Antoinette Buchanan, Libraries ACT
- Jean Butler, State Library of Westerm Australia
- Nicola Frean, National Library of New Zealand
- Emma Jolley, National Library of Australia
- Ross Latham, State Library of Tasmania
- Tony Leschen, State Library of South Australia
- Kevin Molloy, State Library of Victoria
- Suzanne Saunders, State Library of South Australia
- Karen Stone, State Library of Queensland
Image: State Library of New South Wales
Second and final edition of guidelines prepared by the Archival Collections project group. (2011)
Update to NSLA on the progress of the Description and Cataloguing project, and proposal for a sub-project to develop models and guidelines for making collection lists searchable via Trove. (March 2010)
Recommendations for the creation of searchable descriptive lists for archival collections. (November 2010)